Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Sick of stutter tones

Regular Visitor

Sick of stutter tones

Can't get rid of stutter tones.  Phone says "New Voice Mail" on it....but there are none.  Comcast fix didn't work twice.  Called Comcast and said just turn off the answering machine then.  They did.  Phone still says "New Voice Mail" and it still has all the stutter tones before the dial tone.  I am so sick of it I want my landline with AT&T back.  I see all the folks with this same problem are dated years ago...so obviously they can't fix it.

Service Expert

Re: Sick of stutter tones

avalonfox wrote:

Can't get rid of stutter tones.  Phone says "New Voice Mail" on it....but there are none.  Comcast fix didn't work twice.  Called Comcast and said just turn off the answering machine then.  They did.  Phone still says "New Voice Mail" and it still has all the stutter tones before the dial tone.  I am so sick of it I want my landline with AT&T back.  I see all the folks with this same problem are dated years ago...so obviously they can't fix it.

One workaround is to call your home phone and leave a VM.  Retrieve the VM using your home phone and then delete the VM...  in most cases this removes the "phantom" message waiting indicator.

Another way is to log into your account online and goto:  https://pf.connect.comcast.net/OptimusPref/prefs/voice    Once there, scroll down to Message Wait Indicator and click on the REFRESH link.

-=Ray=-

The Support Forums are "public" forums and you should not post identifiable information (full name, account number, address, phone numbers & email addresses).  Users of these forums are Comcast customers,the same as you & me and volunteer their time to assist with the issues and/or problems that you may be experiencing.  Please ensure your post is in the correct Forum to begin with.  Please do not send me Private Messages for personal help but instead use the Forums to allow everyone to read and offer comments to assist you.  Comcast employees are identified with RED lettered User Names.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Had a similiar issue. I basically did what the others have suggested and then set voice mail to pick up after 9 rings and set my answering machine to pick up after 6.

I've thought of having Comcast remove voice mail, but it might make a good back up for the answering machine incase of extended power outages and such so for now I'm just rolling with it.

Regular Visitor

.....Thank you for replies Geek46 and What213.  I will try what you said...am so tired of yellow light flashing and all the stutter tones.  I guess I better do it before I get rid of Comcast. 

.....We have had Comcast a long long time and were pleased until I noticed how they have increased our bill!  When I told hub he called Comcast from work the next day.  Basically...he got taken advantage of terribly...simple as that.  They talked him into xfinity! 

.....Not only can they not fix my phone flashing light and stutter but my internet is the worst it has ever been.  It is draggy, takes a long time to load pages and freezes off and on. 

.....They say it is my computer!  Tell me...does your bottom three (3) lights and sometimes the bottom four (4) lights on your modem keep flashing?  Mine have never stopped!!!  Something is wrong!  

.....After a week and we realized the red light on the cable box meant "recording".....it took us over an hour to get rid of alllllll the scheduled children shows the box kept recording.  You would *think* that they would at least erase all pre-scheduled recordings *before* they give the equipment to someone else to use!  Really...it took that long to clear them out...there were that many!  (*they got rid of xfinity too)  Wonder why we have to re-start the box once a day?  Oh well.

.....When we talked to Comcast again we told them we wanted our old equipment back.  They said they would have to charge us the same price as before...*including what they have been adding on!!  It was real obvious they didn't care one whit if they lost our business or not...just get off the phone. 

.....Anyway, after the grandchildren go home Sunday night, we will gather up alll these pieces of equipment, write down alllll the serial numbers, and take back every piece.  I totally expect it to be a 1-minute smooth transaction.  Get the receipt and go home.  It truly doesn't bother them one bit.  

Going to try AT&T U-verse.  If they even come close to the old Comcast and at least act like they value us as customers...am sure it will do fine.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation