Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Selective Call Forwarding is Down as of 8/11/2011

Regular Contributor

Selective Call Forwarding is Down as of 8/11/2011

Selective Call Forwarding in the Beaverton, OR service area is not working properly as of 8/11/2011.

The system automatically erased most of the 12 numbers I had stored for selective forwarding to a specific number and will not allow proper re-entry of the numbers.  When I do re-enter numbers, save them and then log out, it randomly has deleted most of them on the next log-in and has replaced the number that we have chosen to forward-to with one of the numbers entered for selective forwarding.

It's almost as the programming system has lost it's mind or developed a bug or has been hacked.

I called customer service about it last night and they had not received any reports until my call and would open a service ticket.  Still not working as of 4:00 PM PT some 18 hours later.

Those of you who are using selective call forwarding, could you please check out your set-up and report back?

Thank you.

New Poster

Re: Selective Call Forwarding is Down as of 8/11/2

The location and use of this feature may be hard to find, but it's there. You have to remember to click SAVE 

Frequent Visitor

This is what is happening to me also and I am in New Hampshire.

Sure is frustrating and I hope they fix the issue quickly

Regular Contributor

Hitting the Save button is always important but that is not the issue here ..... the system is truly broken.

There is a manual way of entering the numbers using your actual phone with *63 to activate and *83 to deacivate.

I'll try that method in a little while and report back.

A similar thing happened previously to my Comcast call rejection list about a year ago and it took them about a week to fix things .... it was a break down of the computer software according to Comcast (but someone else later told me in confidence that they were actually hacked ..... just like many other important institutions in the world today)

Regular Contributor

@tajawara .... is your selective call forwarding working properly?

Still down in Beaverton, OR as of 3:25 PM PT.

Regular Contributor

UPDATE as of 4:40 PM PT (7:40 PM ET):

I dialed *63 and cleared the 2 incorrect random numbers left in my system for selective fowarding plus the incorrect number listed as the foward-to number.

I then entered my 8 usual numbers manually using the phone keypad along with the correct forward-to number and so far the web page for xfinity digital voice is holding my original 8 numbers plus the forward-to number.

I logged in and out 4 times and they held so far .... I'll try again in the morning to see if things remain stable.

Suggest others with this problem try the same (and write down all your selective forwarding and selective call rejection numbers on a piece of paper for future safe keeping and easy restoration as I have an uneasy feeling that this sort of thing may happen again in the future).

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info and I will try this in the morning

Regular Contributor

eecon1 wrote:

UPDATE as of 4:40 PM PT (7:40 PM ET):

I dialed *63 and cleared the 2 incorrect random numbers left in my system for selective fowarding plus the incorrect number listed as the foward-to number.

I then entered my 8 usual numbers manually using the phone keypad along with the correct forward-to number and so far the web page for xfinity digital voice is holding my original 8 numbers plus the forward-to number.

I logged in and out 4 times and they held so far .... I'll try again in the morning to see if things remain stable.

Suggest others with this problem try the same (and write down all your selective forwarding and selective call rejection numbers on a piece of paper for future safe keeping and easy restoration as I have an uneasy feeling that this sort of thing may happen again in the future).

UPDATE #2 AS OF MONDAY AUG 22, 2011:

Selective Call forwarding held for about a week after entering my 9 selected numbers to forward to a separate number, but as soon as I added a new number this evening via the computer (12 numbers max), it saved it okay.  However, as soon as I logged back in, over one half of my numbers were missing and the forward-to number was changed .... essentially back to the trouble I described in my original posting.

I'll re-enter everything again using *63 on a phone handset and only make changes that way for now.

I sure hope that my latest call to Comcast tech support (ticket CR258994774) gets some action.

I also suggested to the Rep that another very useful option to add would be automatic call rejection of obviously spoofed Caller-ID numbers like 000-000-0000 or 546-000-7854 etc) ..... to compliment their present option of automatic rejection of Anonymous ID calls. That way, I might just consider registering to vote again (since dropping my voter registration a few year ago, we've had lots more peace and quiet at home ..... it's a real shame that democracy can no longer be as anonymous as in the good old days of rotary dial phones).

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation