Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Secondary user not authorized but receives voicemails

Regular Visitor

Secondary user not authorized but receives voicemails

My daughter has an email account under my email account.  She is a secondary user and the settings that are set up for her are that she does not have access to billings, voicemail etc. She has set up her phone to receive her emails.  Around June 27th, the app on her phone updated and she was able to see and hear the voicemails on my comcast phone account.  I did not change the settings to give her access, she did not have my password to login as me.  After several calls trying to adress this issue, in which one of the responses was that it is impossible that she is receiving the voicemails without my password, we were told that this is a feature of the new app.  Anyone who has an email account associated with a comcast account will receive the voicemails of the primary account holder even if they are not authorized to do so and do not need the login information of the primary account holder.  At this point, is deleting her email account to ony option to stop this?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation