Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

SSL Certificate not trusted

Frequent Visitor

SSL Certificate not trusted

Recently, my Comcast Universal Caller ID started displaying an error box reading "The SSL Certificate is not trusted" with buttons for "Show Certificate", "Cancel" and "Continue". My caller ID continues to function correctly, but the error box returns when I click "Cancel". The certificate appears to be a plaxo wildcard (*.plaxo.com) and shows an error of "signed by an unknown authority". 

I tried re-installing Comcast Universal Caller ID, but still see the same problem.

Any thoughts about getting rid of the error or why I'm getting a plaxo certificate?

Regular Contributor

Re: SSL Certificate not trusted

Hi,

I’m from the Plaxo help team. I saw your post about the certificate error that you’ve been getting. We checked our system and everything seems to be working fine. Could please give us more information as to when and where you are getting the prompt? Also, which browser are you using? Please let us know.

Thank you.

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Frequent Visitor

I see this error whenever my Comcast Universal Caller ID application is started. I'm not using a browser at that time.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for getting back. We’ve done some changes to our system, so everything should be back to normal now. Could you please check and verify if you are still getting an error? If you are still getting an error, I would need screenshots of the error, so that I can escalate further..

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation