Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Ring time voice mail

Regular Visitor

Ring time voice mail

My phone only rings once before the voice mail greeting begins. I do not have time to answer the phone with only 1 ring. I need to increase it to 5 rings. How can I do that?

Tags (1)
Problem Solver

Re: Ring time voice mail

When you login to the xfinity.comcast.net web site with your login information, click the little envelope icon in the upper right hand corner of your screen like you are going to check email.  From the screen you are taken to, select the Voice option at the top of the screen.  When you are taken to the screen that you can use to check your voice mail, in the upper right hand corner is an icon in the shape of a cog, click on it and select the Settings option from the menu.  When the next screen appears, find the line labeled Advance Call Forwarding and click on the Edit option.  This will open up a section of the screen where you should see your home phone number and it should display the curren number of rings it is set to before going to voice mail.  Clicking on the pencil icon will open up a window for you to change the number of rings before voicemail and then selecting the Save button after making your choice will save it.  These instructions were written based on the layout of the new web site so if you haven't been moved to it yet hopefully there is enough detail that you can find the page you need to make the change.

Hope this helps you out.

New Poster

my phone has been that way for over a week. But I recently found my voice mail messages on my cell phone . The last word is it will take 24 to 72 to fix by advanced technicians.

Official Employee

Hi all, if you are still having issues with your ring count after trying the steps above or the link below let us know.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/change-number-of-rings-before-calls-are-forwarded/

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation