Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Receiving international scam phone calls

New Poster

Receiving international scam phone calls

From the time we first began using comcast voice, we have gotten many many phonecalls from creditors and investigators, all looking for the previous comcast clients who were previously assigned our telephone number.  We would spend hours of our own time trying to tell these people that we were not who they were looking for.  Many simply continued to call and harass, despite us always being on the U.S. Do Not Call list.

We eventually were able to limit the number of bogus callers to 2-3 calls per day by switching out our comcast number several times, and also using comcast screening (entering in the persistent caller's phone numbers).  This is still an unacceptable number of bogus calls per day, especially for a service worth less than what we end up paying each month.  We simply accepted it though.

Now we are getting international scam/bogus calls everyday.  They originate from the Turks and Caicos Islands.  The number calling us is 649-183-5811.  There is no way to block this number because Comcast screening does not allow blocking of international numbers.  Speaking to these people is a waste of time, they're more interested in playing some sort of game.  I'm not sure how people have this amount of time on their hands to do these things, but Comcast seriously needs to find alternate means of re-routing these calls in some way.  I'm simply not going to continue to PAY COMCAST to allow others to HARASS US DAILY!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Receiving international scam phone calls

The Forum Administrator has been notifed of your post.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

I have a problem of on a daily basis getting "scam" calls about money I have won and that I only need send $$$ to receive the money!!!  When we press the caller as to how he got our number or why we should pay him anything if we did in fact win money we either get "cursed out" or hung up on.

I  place our number on the "Do Not Call List" numerous times each year; but, I must assume that for a scammer, the Do Not Call List can be and is bypassed.

I pay to receive calls through the Comcast Services, however I do not pay for the intrusive calls received on a daily basis.  

My question to Comcast is what can be done about these calls??? 

New Poster

A few days after my initial post, I received a very nice call from Comcast Voice.  The person on the phone was genuinely concerned about my problem and offered me advice on the international calls.  He said it wasn't something Comcast could legally do anything about (in a legal sense), but that they recommended contacting the police if we were being harassed.  They weren't able to solve my problem, but the fact that someone was taking the time to contact me for a problem I posted on a forum really impressed me.  In fact, I hadn't been home earlier, and later realized that this had been the third time they tried calling me.

I have had many bad customer experiences with Comcast, so this made me feel like someone at that company actually cared about their customers.  I could sense genuine concern; their side of the conversation wasn't scripted or forced (which is a new experience for me when talking to Comcast).   It does nothing for my problem, but at least makes me feel a lot better about it.  Good enough, in fact, that I actually took the time to write this.   

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation