Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: messages to answering device not computer

New Poster

What I was told today is that when Comcast changed to email notification a few weeks ago, some how my voicemail was reprogrammed to answer after 2 rings instead of the standard 5 rings. The person I spoke with issued a repair ticket and said it should be back to normal in 1 - 2 days.

My system was going to my answer machine as primary, but to voicemail if I was talking to someone and didn't answer a second call. Currently everything just goes to voicemail. I also like my caller ID speaker for listening to messages from unknown callers before answering. This was lost too when Comcast made the recent change to email notification.

New Poster

I forgot to include, don't cancel your voicemail. That was the first suggestion given to me also. The voice mail is a good backup to your answer machine. If your machine workers like mine, it won't take messages if you are talking on the phone but your voicemail will.

New Poster

How do you correct the messages not going to VoiceMail?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation