Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Re: caller id

New Poster

Re: caller id

This is ridiculous- I have had nothing but trouble with my phone part of the package I purchased.

First, I wanted to keep my old number but since the previous account was under my finace's name I was told he had to cancel his account in order for me to have that number.  So, until his account was closed and my connection established I was issued a temporary number.  After he closed his account and mine was established I was then told (after waiting on hold for over 2 hours) that it couldn't be changed since he closed his account.  But a ticket would be put in and I could call back on Monday to see if the problem had been fixed.

Called on Monday was told to ask (per Saturday's phone conversation) for the add/remove department- waited for over 3 hours for a call back-then was told I had the wrong department- got the right department and the girl I talked to was rude and more interested in getting be to sign up for HBO because it was free for 3 months- but declined since I would have to call in and cancel after 3 months or pay and since 9 out of 10 times when calling you wait on hold for over 2 hours.  She then told me a ticket was filed and I should hear back in 72 hours- 72 hours came and went no call so called again.  This time got a very nice and knowledgable gentleman who said problem would be fixed the next day--Bingo I got my correct phone number-since I was getting harrassing calls for the previous owner of my temporary number.  But now they can't seem to get me the correct security pin so I can set up my voice part of the plan-  this time I went on line to get it fixed agian got someone who seemed to know what to do but AGAIN!!!- PROBLEM IS STILL NOT FIXED AND IT HAS BEEN OVER 72 HOURS-so it would seem I would again have to call and hopefully get someone who knows what they are doing to get it fixed.

Sure is funny bet you if I don't pay my bill on time and tell them it will be 72 hours before I can pay and then don't pay they will waste no tme cancelling my services.  Not a single person has offered to compensate me for my time spent waiting to fix this problem as of the friday it will be 30 days.  Seriously looking into DISH network-and suggesting to other to do the same- heard lots of good things from people who have it

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation