Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Re: busy signal on phone, can't make calls out

New Poster

I have the same "constant busy" signal on both my lines since Saturday.  I have a Touchstone modem from Comcast.  I unplugged it for 5 minutes (no reset switch) , no change.  Cable TV and Internet work fine, but no phones.  Neither telephone #1 or #2  LED's light up.  I disconnected all phones at the modem and plugged in one just one phone.    No change in symptoms.  I not sure about today's digital modems, but in the old days the "busy" signal came from the Central Office.  If still true, that means I have communications both ways.   If that "busy" signal originates in my modem, then I probably need a new one.  Do the Comcast techs check these msg's on a regular basis?   If not, can someone give me a phone # with a real person on the other end?  I'm in St. Paul MN.  Comcast moved their local office this weekend.  Is that a clue?

New Poster

OK, I talked to tech support via chat and what do you know, there was a reset switch.  It was too dark to see it.

Everything is copacetic now.  I'm a happy camper again.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation