Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Use as Fax?

New Poster

I have a Brother fax scan copy mahine and I cannot send a fax over telephone line. I tried hooking phone line directly to exfinity modem and I keep getting busy signal. I do get a dial tone on my fax machine. Any ideas what may be problem?

Service Expert

billybeers wrote:

I have a Brother fax scan copy mahine and I cannot send a fax over telephone line. I tried hooking phone line directly to exfinity modem and I keep getting busy signal. I do get a dial tone on my fax machine. Any ideas what may be problem?

If you have single line residence service, then only the ONE tel jack is active... you will need to get a 2 to 1 adaptor and plug both phone and fax into that and then into the acrtiver phone jack on the modem...

-=Ray=-

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same problem using a Brother all-in-one device.  The fax machine dials the desired fax number, I can hear the handshaking between the 2 machines and all appears to be working.  In a few moments I get multiple beeps from my fax, indicating a transmission failure, and the process terminates.  The printout of the result shows "NG" for no good and the reason is shown as "poor line condition".

What is going on?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation