Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Re: Porting Over Of My Old Phone Number

New Poster

Re: Porting Over Of My Old Phone Number

I received a email from a Debbie after being asked to call a 1-866 phone number which only had a mesage that the department was no longer available with a email to use for help.  This is the latest response.  It's the longest run around I have been on and it's been going on for the past two months 

MY Question is: does anyone fix or trouble shoot - RCF numbers?

Last message from Debbie, 

I agree with you and I am so sorry you were given incorrect information.  866-535-9845 has been turned off.  It is no longer a valid number.  I am in Denver so I do not have a contact in Care for Central division.  Ask for a supervisor when you call back and see if they can help you.

Sent: Monday, March 31, 2014 3:14 PM
To: Debbie
Subject: RE: RCF Number NOT working for over 2 months (KMM25353330V92861L0KM)

I called Comcast 800-391-3000 and they gave me the 866-535-9845 number to call because no one has called/emailed me to fix the 317-585- numbers. There are several CR tickets open and no one can do anything about this to fix it.  I really don't have any choice but to follow the information they give me.

Can you help at all or who takes charge of RCF numbers when they don't work?

Thank you,

Lucia Smith
Line-X of Indy 

To: LineXofIndy
Subject: RE: RCF Number NOT working for over 2 months (KMM25353330V92861L0KM)
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 20:52:48 +0000

You should be calling 800-391-3000.  We do not have an RCF order for these numbers.  This email address is not for customers.  We port numbers and we do not have access to troubleshoot.

This is the email I just received from a Debbie. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation