Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Phone and Internet

Most Valued Poster

I traded my gateway modem for the latest and greatest June 5th 2017 at my Comcast service center.  It was way past its prime and the WIFI signal in the house was terrible on my phone and tablet.  Love the new modem and my WIFI signal is much stronger than it was  but every week or so since then I get up in the morning and no dial tone or internet.  The TV is fine.  Resetting the modem takes care of the problem but in the many years I have had a gateway modem I have never seen this happen...not even once. I appreciate Bruce's advice for troubleshooting but I am 99.9% sure its not anything listed in the trouble guide. Now I am paranoid and pick up the phone all the time to make sure there is dial tone. I am retired and at home most of the time and don't want my husband to worry if he can't get hold of me. It doesn't happen on the same day of the week either.  Just curious if anyone has figured this out.

Official Employee

Hey TerriB, I'd be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. I like to make sure everything is provisioned correctly on the backend. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation