Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Re: Permanently removing the Call Waiting feature

New Poster

I have been having the same issue. I requested that all my calling features be removed becasue I only use the lines for work purpose and CANNOT have them on my phone lines or I will lose my job. I have been calling and getting nowhere with the agents when it comes to helping my issue. At this point I might lose my job if it doesnt get fixed ASAP!

Regular Visitor

I had to contact Comcast numerous times. The Modem I originally had automatically reset itself even though they disabled the call waiting feature... It would enable every time. I was told I needed to get a modem that didn't reset itself that way once they removed the feature it wouldn't enable anymore. I contacted Comcast through the chat service and they had a technician come to my house to replace the modem. Then I had to contact comcast one more time so they could remove the feature from the new modem. Now it's perfect I haven't had any problems since. I suggest contacting comcast to get different modem that doesn't reset itself. Good Luck!
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation