Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: No Fax Capabilities with Comcast Phone, Intern

New Poster

Just switched to comcast phone. So far my alarm system would not work nor my fax machine (even though I directly plugged it into modem). Im hearing impared and have not tried my equipment out yet.Not hopeful. Comcast told me that they would call me back in 24 hours. So for I've been waiting about 50 hours.upset that I canceled my analog land line

Problem Solver

Check with your alarm company to see if they have an adapter that will use the Internet for calling them. They may also offer a Cellular radio unit for calling the monitoring center. As for faxing, it can be done, but it involves a work around. What is the model & manufacturer of your fax machine.

You may get lucky and the tech for your alarm company, when they come to make your system work, they may be able to look into why the fax machine is not working, if they have time. If not, they may be able to give you info on how to find out how to make it work with Comcast's digital phone service.
Official Employee

Whoever installed it up probably didn't back feed it to the alarm or to the fax. Follow the phone line and describe what you see. Do you have a second number for faxes or all off the main number? Is your home phone working?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

The alarm system is the second connection from the back feed or the second connection
from the original feed. The alarm when tested would open the line and dial
But no signal would transmit. In the case of the fax, a direct connection
From the fax machine to the modem failed to work (and yes it was a good cable). I suspect
its a faulty modem. The modem goes to all flashing lights when the fax machine is
plugged in. The phone on the back fed far end of the circuit works fine. I have since disconnected
the alarm system and gone to cell alarm system. Tryed the fax after all the other
work was done... never thinking that it would not work. Unfortantly i didnt
test this before the tech who installed it left. According to comcast I may be charged
for a tech to come back out. Thankfully i have the 21 more days to cancel.
Official Employee

If lights all flashed when you plugged in the fax, your fax is shorting out the modem.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Is there a possibility of a descrepancy with threshold voltage between the fax and modem. The fax
is an hp 7250 all in one. I read that othe folks had similar problems. The fax works on
a regular phone line. This also makes me suspect to problems with adt alarm.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation