Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Re: New service internet and Porting number issues

New Poster

I thought I'd try the Comcast voice service. I sign up - after two weeks and several phone calls being told that "the MODEM is on its way - you'll get it in a day or two" an agent suddenly produces the Letter of Agency & tells me I have to complete it.

They also tell me that my order has been cancelled as the Letter of Agency has not been completed - no one mentioned the form & no-one contacted me to tell me that my order had been cancelled. Dreadful.

I can't sign the  Letter of Agency as I want to keep my current service until I know that we're happy with Comcast Voice.

Our web account is now inacessible as it's waiting for the Comcast Voice process to complete and I bet they'll try & bill us from when I first applied even thought we cannot get service. They really need to get their act togther on this, currently it's a fiasco.

New Poster

ditto on their getting their act together!  I just got installed TODAY and im\'m already angry.  i got phone nand internet.  The phone was my first known problem, i could call in but no one could call me.  that problem still exist.  I also had a problem getting online to comcast and my email. That one they were able to fix after a couple of hours on the phone

New Poster

Today a box arrived, containing a cable modem (not an eMTA), to replace the cable modem we currently have that works just fine.

..go figure..

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation