Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Caller ID

Frequent Visitor

We constantly get disconnected or can't connect to Caller ID on our computer.  It works fine on the TV.  Comcast has been notified several times, but still no solution.  It used to work fine before they did some updating to the system.

New Poster

I have had the same problem. Been on chat twice with no solution. Uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Either get a messgae that says Unable to connect-try again later or one that says Authentication failed. user restricted.

New Poster

We are also having the same problem.  Very frustrating, because Comcast does not seem to be even slightly interested in helping with it.  The only thing that seems well-greased in their system is the technology that handles rate increases on a regular basis.

Regular Contributor

I posted the following in a new thread, but not everyone is seeing it.

PC Caller ID Fix Information

My ticket was escaletd to National Tech Support, and this evening (Labor Day!) I got to speak with a tech who is actually working on the problem.

There is good news and bad news.  The good news is Comcast is acutely aware of the problems. They are aware that it broke with a specific update, and what the symptoms are (disconnects, login box popping up, works/doesn't work)- all of the problems discussed in the threads here.

The bad news is that Comcast didn't develop the program- it is a third party. The third party has been working on the problem and has submitted two fixes, but as we know, neither worked. The next fix isn't due until October (no date given).

There is also an associated problem if you have two phone numbers through Comcast.

I have the tech's direct phone number and work schedule, and I will check back with him in October and post whatever I find out.

New Poster

I have same problem. TV caller ID OK. Was told months ago that Computer caller ID would be fixed in 2 weeks.Not working yet -no callbacks. where is the great service that Comcast advertises?

New Poster

Mine works on the IPhone but not on the TV, Desktop and laptop!!  It used to work on all three but not now.   I know how to uninstall it but where do I find the download - I only see the download for the IPhonem IPad etc.  Anyone have a link???

Customer Service was useless.  I see the small phone in the lower right but nothing is happening when the phone rings.  Anyone???

New Poster

Spoke with tech last week. He told me problem would be solved next day. Guess What-Same old story.  I am really getting tired of this. Every time you try to call tech I usually end up spending over 30 minutes. When I am having problems with system I am unable to call to report since I use a cell phone where I pay per minute. It would end up costing me $3-4 every time I use my cell to call.

Frequent Visitor

Might as well get my 2 cents in.  The caller id works on my tv's and phones, but not on the pc.  Talked with 2 techs yesterday and got nowhere.  They told me they would escalate my problem up to a higher tech.  They called back last night and said the issue has been resolved.  Guess what?? Isn't there anyway to get this software to work?

Regular Contributor

A fix is currently in test and appears to be working properly. Unless problems occur in the next few days, it should be relased sometime next week (first week of February). Last I heard, there is NO update to download- the fix is all on the server side. Note that Comcast customer service, managers of this forum, and the Executive Support Team have has absolutely no knowledge of this, so any calls to them will yield incorrect information. So, you may ask, how do I know about the fix...  I have a contact at National Tech Support who has been following up with the tech team that is actuially working on the problem. The lack of knowledge by others in Comcast is due to Comcast's poor (non-existent?) internal communications and equally poor customer service ticketing system.

As there are multiple threads about the PC Caller ID issue, please feel free to share this information with others you may find. Rather than track down everyt thread, I will post a new topic with a title that will clearly announce that the problem is fixed when I am told that the fix has been released, or if an exact date for relase of the fix is given. I am expecting my next status update on Tuesday or Wednesday (2/5 or 2/6).

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation