Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Call forwarding

New Poster

Comcast eliminated remote call forwarding last year. I have complained sveral times and no luck. This 'new' affinity upgrade site has done nothing to answer the issue. I (infortunateky) have Comcast at 3 different residences and used the remote function regualarly. Now it is not avail and I do not know why? The option to have my number ring at all locations does NOT satisfy the need because if I am not in the answering machine at only one property is able to take the call. What is wrong with Comcast??? :0(

Admin1

Hi skibum85 -- We do have a call forwarding feature available that allows you to forward calls from one number to another. Does this feature not do what you need done? Can you explain more what you're looking for with call forwarding? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No, your answer did not help. We have comcast at 2 different homes. Until about a year ago, I was able to REMOTELY turn on/off the call forwarding, using your APP on my iPhone. This was always helpful when travelling back and forth. I cannot do that anymore. The only option is to have the number ring at both locations which does not work as an unanswered call reverts to the origunal number and answering machine. comcast removed this REMOTE call forwarding feature and it is an huge inconvenience.

Admin1

Ok, I understand what you're saying now. That feature is no longer available. We do not have any plan at this point to bring that feature back. Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation