Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Porting numbers problem

Regular Visitor

Porting numbers problem

I have 2 lines with existing numbers that I want to port over to comcast. I initiated this process10 days ago and today I was told that the. Porting process failed because the other companies did not reply. So the porting process was cancelled. I contacted my current carriers and they said comcast needs to contact them. So I am stuck in the middle with no resolution. I have ported numbers a few times and never had this problem before. What do I do now to expedite this process?
New Poster

Re: Porting numbers problem

Comcast has been porting my number from ATT and also cancelled after a month. Then I asked again and it failed again. Then I asked for a new number. After 7 weeks my phone still doesn't work.
New Poster

I've been trying for 35 days.  Called 8 times.  Everytime they say that they'll fix it, but they don't.  Sometimes they just hang up on me (under the guise of being transferred).  Sometimes they say they'll call back, but don't.  

Just talked to the guy at their porting department and he said that he saw no request had been sent to my previous carrier to port the number.  This despite several previous calls that said they would send the request.

I feel like all of their "Customer Care Executives" are just there to string you along.  None of them have made a bit of difference so far.

New Poster

Fixed quickly once I emailed we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation