Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Porting my number, taking over a month.

New Poster

Porting my number, taking over a month.

I've been waiting for my number to port for weeks now (only because I really need that old number in my new xfinity land line), but I'm tired of waiting. I've called multiple times and reps. say they will fix it, but hasn't been fixed for over a month. Who do I need to call to fix this? I've been paying my other phone provider all this time and, at the same time, I've paid the xfinity line, I don't want to pay another month for two lines with the same phone number.
BY the way, my xfinity line can only make phone calls, but the calls I receive come through the other provider's line (???????).
New Poster

Re: Porting my number, taking over a month.

Same here! Activated yesterday and the reps keep telling me a day or two and it should be working. I seriously hope its not a month!

Valued Contributor

Re: Porting my number, taking over a month.

One thing i don't miss not working at Comcast anymore is porting.  Porting is that magical time when one phone company takes over a number from another...   Porting stinks because its usually a battle between the two companies to get the phone number reeleased.  

If i may ask was the number you waiting for for month from vonyage?  If it is it typically can take up to 45 days for a voynage phone number to port from Comcast (seriously they are typically this slow and love to drag their ffeet with paperwork)

Usuallly the new company has to wait til all of the paperwork is received alllowing possession of the phone number due to fedreal law.  you might want to keep on your old company to make sure its done until Comcast recognizes the port and finshes everything up. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation