Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Porting Number Issue

New Poster

Porting Number Issue

I ordered Xfinity Triple Play had it installed on 7/9/14, it included a phone number that needed to be ported over from ATT. I went through the 3rd party verification process successfully. They  said the porting take 3-5 business day and In the meantime wil gave me a temporary number. I call every other day they say the number is active in their system but number still rings through ATT. Now yesterday tried calling through comcast digital voice, the outgoing went through with as the ported number in the caller id, all incoming calls are still being routed to ATT. Only part of the number is ported over.

Need help with transfering the number, now I'm paying for U-verse triple play and XF triple play cause I can not cancel ATT until the port is completed/

New Poster

Re: Porting Number Issue

I'm having the same issue, but with BasicTalk. I ported the number about two weeks ago, and I can make phone calls through comcast, but incoming calls go straight to the BasicTalk voicemail.

New Poster

Hope this info is helpful,

1. Did this involve a move on your part? Sometimes a telephone provider cannot port a line because of the distance between the new & previous locations. It's known as a "Rate Center" and in many instances, the end user will have to resort to RCF (remote call forwarding. "IF" this is NOT the case, there's no reason why you're having this issue. However, in the interim, try using the global call forward command of *72 to forward your AT&T service to the new temporary Comcast number.

With all Xfinity as well as Business Class Customers, you have an option for perform basic administrative functions from your personal portal. There you will see options that could in fact be causing some if not all the problems.

Customer Support for residential is (800) com-cast (800) xfi-nity

Customer Support for Business Class Customers is (800) 391-3000

lstell3

Advanced Voice Technical Support

Comcast Business

Freedom Region

Service Expert

Istell3,

While we do appreciate and welcome all attempts to help a poster you may not be aware of the fact that Comcast employees must be authorized by the forum administrators in order to post in an official capacity in the forum. Authorized employees have the their names in red and are designated as such.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.

Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Queen-Evie

("Service Expert"),

I don't see your name in red so who are you to be telling this other person about the rules?  If, in fact, you are "authorized" to post solutions in an "official capacity", then why have you not offered any solution to the poster's problem?  Typical of Comcast, I would assume.... nobody cares!

If you're not a Comcast employee then why don't you mind your own business instead of trolling through posts trying to be the post police!  You're not offering any help to anybody.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation