Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Placed Call Log - "Unknown" entry for voice mail

Placed Call Log - "Unknown" entry for voice mail

I happened to look at the Placed Call log on the Comcast website under Voice and noticed some "Unknown" entries.

I thought that was odd as I can't place a call without entering a number which technically means all calls are KNOWN and should be listed correctly.

After some thought I realized I had connected to voice mail on at least some of the days listed (only showed about 3 months) and didn't see any entries related to voice mail. So I did a test where I called voice mail (using *99) and listened to a saved message, then hung up. I waited for about 8-10 minutes for the website to update then told it to refresh the placed call log. Sure enough, an "Unknown" entry appeared.

My question is:

Why doesn't Comcast create a log entry that says Voice Mail or something related, such as my home phone number instead of an Unknown entry which makes someone question what it is?

Comcast "knows" I called voice mail or I would not have reached voice mail.

Is there anything I can check or do?

Is this a known "feature" or issue with the Comcast voice service?

I did see another forum post related but there was nothing entered other than to have the person send a private message to ComcastZach.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation