Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone

Frequent Visitor

Phone

1. Just got CDV. The Telephone Modem is connected to my Cable but not my Phone Jack is this normal?

2. On the DVC. getting voice mail records but not the other 3( Received, Missed, Dialed.) Any answers out there?

Thanks for the help

Bigdog20708
Most Valued Poster

Re: Phone

bigdog20708 wrote:
1. Just got CDV. The Telephone Modem is connected to my Cable but not my Phone Jack is this normal?

Nope. The installer is supposed to hook up to your phone jack so that all the jacks in the house will work

2. On the DVC. getting voice mail records but not the other 3( Received, Missed, Dialed.) Any answers out there?

Sorry, can't answer that one.

Firefox 3
Regular Contributor

Re: Phone

Just a quick clarification:

In most cases, we can hook up the modem to the wiring inside the home, in which case all of the jacks that were working previously should still be working.

However, there are some circumstances where we will not be able to connect to the inside wiring.  The most common one is for people who live in an apartment building.  Depending on the type of wiring in the building we may not be able connect the modem.  

As far as the problems with the call logs on the Digital Voice Center are concerned, we are aware of them and we working to get them resolved as soon as possible.  Unfortunately, this intermittent problem has been very difficult to get nailed down.  It doesn't help that the problem really seems to come and go.  I can assure you that improving the reliability of the DVC is right at the top of the developers' concerns.

Geoff.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation