Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone service not working

Regular Visitor

Phone service not working

My phone is out and does not work.  Any suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Phone service not working

Hello,

Try calling 1-800 comcast and ask them.

Regular Visitor

I would if I had another phone.  This is the only one I have.  I call and hear the numbers when I push the buttons but no dial tone.  The phone was ok until after I spoke with Comcast yesterday and they did some changes remotely.

Silver Problem Solver

Hello,

Try a reset.

Regular Visitor

I'm not sure how to do a reset.  There are no buttons to hold down and I've tried disconnecting (Power, cable, & telephone) and then reconnecting and it does not seem to help.

Regular Visitor

I found the reset and reset it (Held pen in hole for 5 seconds, lights went out on modem and then came back on) and waited for over 5 minutes.  No difference.

New Poster

I had problems with Comcast for three months.  No service--spotty service-- Each time their tech made it within the time allotment.

However, NOTHING changed for 3 months.  There were probably 14 techs out here in that 3 month period. The internet was the same :  Sometimes  there and Sometimes Not.

The only thing that stayed consistent was the billing.  Thank God something was reliable.

Dave

PS-- There is no customer service

New Poster

I hope COMCAST gets my phone service working and not mess my internet up. That took them long enough to fix it the first time. Iam on second modem.

New Poster

I would call "customer service" about my phone service not working but, my phone service is NOT WORKING!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation