Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone's not working, don't know why.

Regular Visitor

Phone's not working, don't know why.

We lost our internet service two days ago, rebooted the router and everything worked.  Now the phone is out.  I have rebooted and unplugged/replugged everything.  Now what?

Regular Visitor

Re: Phone's not working, don't know why.

You know, Comcast, you need to respond to these.  I pay for my phone.  Why isn't it working?  We really won't need much of a push to swing over to the competition where the monthly bill will be cut in half.  RESPOND.

Frequent Visitor

They will send a guy out. that will be 2 hours late for appt, and he will reboot, unplug and when that doesnt work,  he will call tech support in India and that guy will tell him to unplug, reboot, then he will  send a signal to modem. that doesnt work, so comcast guy will tell you that you need a new modem. but he doesnt have one. and will get one in a few hours. You never hear from him again. Call and complain, they want you to talk to guy in India. You say no, then they send you new modem. Same problem. Noone ever called me on my Cell phone which is on my account, to find out if my phone was back online. they dont care. He came out Oct 27. almost a month ago.

Regular Visitor

we're preparing to switch to Verizon.  They are offering deals that would cut our bill by 50%.  Comcast in NJ is becoming notorious for abominable service and people are dropping them faster than a speeding bullet.  Eventually, the corporate offices will notice and do something, but probably not before the FCC gives them permission to buy all the cable companies in the world. Sigh.

Surely if I pay for phones, I should have phones.  According to their equipment, my phone is working.  It's just not working here.  How are all the telemarketers supposed to get a hold of us?

Regular Visitor

Dear Comcast,

You have my contact information.  You know how to reach me by any means you choose.  Why did I have to call you, wait on hold, only to be told by a recording that there is an outage in my area?  Couldn't you have emailed me (and everyone else affected)?  Couldn't one of your CSRs have logged on to this forum and replied to customers in search of such information?  What is wrong with you? And do you believe that your customers regularly log on to this forum to help each other out?  They come here to get help that is not forthcoming from any other outlet, and fellow customers are only providing emotional support and suggestions that permit us to leave you in our dust.

So here's my response: I am contacting my state and federal representatives and urging them to intervene in any mergers you have proposed.  Clearly, you are already in over your head and until you can handle your current customer base, there is no reason to believe that you can handle Time Warner's customer base, too.  You do make finding alternatives a joyous challenge, but the world has changed and we're no longer stuck with no options.  You really need to stop behaving as if we're living in the 1990s.

I am also making a formal complaint to the NJ Public Utility Commission.  Why, oh why should this be necessary?  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation