Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone number porting from Sprint to comcast.

New Poster

Phone number porting from Sprint to comcast.

I Have spent about 10 hours on the phone with comcast support, trying to get my number ported from my sprint cell service to comcast phone service. I keep getting the run around, being told to call third party verification. I have recieved 3 different numbers and none of them go to third party verification. I keep ending up back in comcast support. I escalated the issue to a manager and he setup a new order and told me to call third party verification @ 855-423-9888. That number says nothing about third party verification.  I cannot seem to get anywhere.  I have already verified and have a confrimation from the first verification that I did online.

I am getting ready to ditch comcast completely if I cannot get this resovled.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Phone number porting from Sprint to comcast.

You can try to email your problem to the following but you may not get any help at all.

Hope you get your issue resolved. 

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number       

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

New Poster

Re: Phone number porting from Sprint to comcast.

I gave up and cancelled both phone services and lost the sprint number. I spoke to 2 different managers and they were not able to help. I called back to cancel service and the rep hung up on me. I'm over it. If it weren't for the blazing fast internet I would drop comcast all together.  The support reps kept giving me wrong numbers to call and the porting people are even worse. I have been a comcast customer for 10+ years and have not have this bad of tech support EVER from any service. I am really disappointed. I'm a 15 year network engineer and I don't think I have ever encountered this many different incompetent technicians and managers.

Very unsatisfied. I called back, waited 15 minutes on hold, then finally got someone that was able to cancel the service and give me a credit for the phone service.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation