Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone number change

New Poster

Phone number change

On 04/24 Comcast without notice and unwarranted  disconnected our phone number we have had since 10/05 2012 and reissued it to another party. Currently all we get from Comcast is we are working on the trouble ticket #453598. We are given no guarantees that we will get our old number back for which we have been paying for. All our online accounts (40+ in number) are linked to the disconnected number as well as our personal contact cards we have been handing out since 10/12. Our old number has been issued to another party who is receiving all our calls. The elderly lady that has our old number does not know what to make of this situation and is willing to accept another number. It is now over 36 hours since issue of the trouble ticket and there is no resolution in site. A manager (Javier) in the Orlando office told my wife that each individual subscriber number is registered with the FCC which is a incorrect. On Monday I will issue a formal complaint with the FCC and have an appointment with an attorney. I feel that this is in direct violation of my agreement with Comcast and this is exactly what the FCC needs to hear about. I was a manager in the communications industry for 45 years and never did my employees ever disconnect a circuit without testing it be make certain it wasn't in service. My account has never been in arrears and is currently up to date.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation