Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone has NEVER worked since switching to Comcast

New Poster

Phone has NEVER worked since switching to Comcast

I recently changed by phone service from Fairpoint to Comcast as they were giving me a good deal.  That was in early March.  When I discussed switching services, I asked if they could port my current phone number "absolutely"  Three weeks later, no one can call me since the phone number has never been ported and I call EVERY DAY and hear the same old "we are so sorry"  we apologize for the inconvenience"  "your number will be ported in the next 24 hours"  Here it is Easter, and my family was trying to call me but could only reach me on my cell.  I am SO FRUSTRATED.  Of course, the bill has already come!  Big disappointment with Comcast; terrible customer service. PLEASE GET MY PHONE FIXED.

New Poster

Re: Porting Issues

Having the same, exact problems. I call them EVERY DAY and get the same assurance I will have phone service in 24 hours but NOTHING for weeks. I empathize with you but do not have an answer except keep trying and don't pay for any service they have not provided.

Regular Visitor

Re: Porting Issues

Susiebnh,  We just unplugged our phone from Comcast's modem and plugged it back into the wall jack. We can now receive calls and even have access to our old voicemail system and retrieved 24 old messages that never got ported over to our Comcast system.  Could work for you too in the meantime until Comcast gets this resolved.  Best of luck.  -RLK

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation