Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone doesn't work!

Highlighted
New Poster

Phone doesn't work!

All day our phone service has not worked.   You'll be on the phone and it will just cut out/quit.  I've had several calls since 5 p.m. and when I answer they say "hello" over and over - I tried calling them back, and they can't hear me, either.  I've been on hold forever - do you have that many complaints that you can't answer your phone at Comcast?   We need our phone due to a sick person in the home.  HELP please!

New Poster

Re: Phone doesn't work!

Our home line is dead

New Poster

i am having the same problem!! 

Contributor

My phone has not worked since Friday, 9/5/14!  People have called and it doesn't ring, it goes straight to voice mail.  When I try to call out, all I get is is fast busy signal.  What is going on????

Frequent Visitor

I have been on the phone with "customer service" twice today. Each time I have lost service and the have not tried to get back with me eventhough I gave them an alternate #. Also, land line not working. I'm waiting on a confirmation that I will get a $20 credit since the problem was not fixed when they came out 2 weeks ago.

Contributor

@getsec:  My landline phone in the kitchen hasn't worked for months and I checked my cordless phone in the basement a few minutes and I get no dial tone on that phone.  My cordless phones upstairs work, as far as getting a dial tone, but that's it.  Anytime I dial a number, it's this fast busy signal or any time someone calls me, it doesn't ring and it goes straight to voicemail.  I know they were having problems Friday, 9/5 because this is when the latest problems started.  My T.V. kept cutting out and the screen would have a message stating something like "it appears your service has been interrupted."  Everything is working fine now except my phone. Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

Just spent another hour on the phone because evidently the lady (Eillene) who tried to fix the phone problem dropped my internet. That was determined after I called and was told that I was no longer an internet subscriber.

Frequent Visitor

All all of these problems in the same city? I'm in Germantown, TN.

Contributor

@getsec:  Apparently not, I'm in Minneapolis, MN.

Regular Visitor

My phone doesn't work and my security system keeps binging. Help.

Contributor

Update on my issue w/my phone not working.  I called yesterday for service and made an appt. for them to come to my home.  Today, for some reason, it started working again.  I don't know what they did, but it must have been on their end as we tried numerous things over the phone yesterday, trying to get it to work, but it didn't.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation