Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone disconnected??

New Poster

Phone disconnected??

So today my voice phone number was suddenly disconnected. After speaking with comcast I was told "there was a problem with the modem or wiring" and they could not fix it at the time, so then I was forwarded to billing who said I needed to pay to have it reconnected and I said no, so I was then transferred to a different tech, who put in a ticket was placed for a tech to contact us in 24-48 hours.

Are you kidding me comcast 24-48 hours to get someone to contact me to get my phone up and working. Second how does a number get disconnected??? I am very disappointed in Comcast...customer guarantee...please.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Phone disconnected??

Hello,

And don't expect that comcast will call you.

New Poster

I'm having the same problem...My voicemail has been deactivated and I'm receiving calls sporadically..a support ticket issued and someone will get back to me...unacceptable!! I pay for service, I should receive the service I paid for!  

New Poster

I don't know if this goes along the lines of disconnected, but my voice frequently drops and the person on the other side of my line cannot hear me!!! I have been dealing with this for a year and all they do is reset the modem, and they cannot "find" any problems with my line!!! I am so frustrated. They can send a tech out here again, I don't really care, but they will just say the same thing. I have thought about switching to dish/directv/uverse, but the way my apartment is situated I would get a poor signal because of the trees surroung it. (Gotta love Michigan....I am a desert rat.)

This never seemed to happen before the merger with infinity. *sigh*

If anyone else has had this problem, please reply. I know other neighbors on my property have in different buildings (my best friend being one of them) and they never find anything "wrong" with the wiring/modem there either. Thanks for listening to my novella/rant!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation