Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone dial tone then busy signal

Frequent Visitor

Phone dial tone then busy signal

I bought  a new computer.over a month ago,  then one day I realized the phone wasnt working and light not lit on modem for it. Called comcast he  had me reboot, send signal. no luck.  comcast came to house couldnt fix. rebooted,  send signal , light lit for a second then went out , . He said he would have to meet up with another cable guy and get me a modem around noon. . so he never called. I called to complain at 530 and lady on phone said she would transfer me to a tech. I said no way. they will  have me unplug, send signal. same thing. Im not wasting anymore time. She sent out new modem to me. Same thing. no light. so probably a couple weeks later, today. . I decided to push reset. Well, the light lit up and stayed solid, and I made a phone call to listen to my 14 missed msgs. on the second one. light flashing and call went offline I guess. dead silence. . Then back to light solid on modem , and dial tone, but as soon as you dial a number the light starts to flash and you get a busy signal. I reset, and unplugged several times. andgot it to work again, and  i made a call to the phone from my cell and it worked.  Then  I got it to call my voicemail one more time. I listened to a few, deleted. then same thing. back to solid light until you start dialing then busy signal.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Phone dial tone then busy signal

and when I call my comcast phone  number now it says your call has been forwarded to voice mail.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Phone dial tone then busy signal

So 2 nights ago phone rings. all of a sudden its working, mysteriously ! I  made a phone call out. Then tested this morning and still working.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation