Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone calls dropped or calls get disconnected.

New Poster

Phone calls dropped or calls get disconnected.

Sometimes when on a phone call, the calls get disconnected, it's as if comcast drops the call.  What is that about?  It's not our equipment, as it occurs with any one of our home phones.

Cable Expert

Re: Phone calls dropped or calls get disconnected.

If you haven't phoned it in to Comcast support, please do so, they can do a health check on the eMTA to see if the signal levels are proper.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have same problem. Dropped calls/ dropped internet. I have changed phones, moved modem and router up high, to avoid interference. I have called twice. Comcast said my equipment was fine, changed the wire to the road. I have emailed  twice. even moved my desktop to try to avoid interference. Last week comcast worked on all the wires down my road, and I am still getting dropped calls.

New Poster

Hi! We swapped out the modem, and all our services work great now. Had to have a tech come swap it out. Was told by phone call, and a tech you could swap at office, but not the telephone ones.  I got xfinity in june, kept telling my son it was supposed to be the best in our area. Up until now he did not believe me because we could not stay connected.  I love it when stuff works like it is supposed to. Better late  then never.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation