Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone brand&models compatible with XFINITY VOICE?

New Poster

Phone brand&models compatible with XFINITY VOICE?

Hi,

Two years ago we signed up for triple play. For some reason, the phone service was terrible. We spent tens of hours with customer service. Or problem was not clearly diagnosed, but we were told that our phone needed to be changed.

Eventually we cancelled the service. My wife now uses AT&T and she is happy with it but I signed up for triple play again. I asked Comcast customer service for a list of brands and models that I can purchase but they could just provide me with incompatible phones. My current phone model is not in that list for instance but i know it would not work.

Can anyone suggest me brand and model #s? I just need 2-3 handsets. 1 corded 2 cordless, or 3 cordless.

How is your experience with Xfinity Voice/ If this not works out, my wife will be left without phone for couple of days and she works from home and phone is important for her work.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Phone brand&models compatible with XFINITY

I have Vtech Model #CS6229-5  It came with the phone/base/digital answering machine and 4 remote phones w/bases. Very inexpensive-actually purchased the phones from home shopping network. The phones work great-have alot of extras.  

In regard to the voice service, I have been very satisfied.  I can probably count on 1 hand the number of times the service has gone down over the span of a 5 yr period.  Comcast also has a priority repair in the event of phone service loss. (no extra charge for the expedite)  Handled within 24 hours if I recall correctly.  

It's been so long since I have had to call them over a major voice service issue- I can't remember precisely their guarantee.  Have had the service since before Comcast took over about 5 years ago; before that was with Time Warner.  Hope this helps.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation