Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone Static Terrible with Received Calls

Frequent Visitor

Phone Static Terrible with Received Calls

I have had Xfinity Phone, Internet and Cable for a year and a half.  The internet and cable service have been good and consistent the whole time.  The phone service has been awful. I bought new cordless phones and that seemed to help for a while.

However, the constant thing that I can pin point is the following:

I can make any call anywhere local or long distance and the connection is almost always fine

I receive calls 50% or more of the time and there is so much static you can barely hear the person.

The received calls that have static seem to happen more often when they are local than long distance.

Anyone know what is going on ? What can I do to fix ? Is it the line, the modem ? Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Phone Static Terrible with Received Calls

1. If you have your main handset base connected directly to the "modem" and is happening on all handsets, is a modem issue or noise in your cable line.

One can be picked up at your local service center, it can be mailed to you for ~$10, or you can have a tech come out. Noise needs to be measured with a meter therefore a tech visit is required. But first you can try to change out the "modem".

2. If you have your main handset base connected to a phone jack in the house, then it might be a phone line issue withing the house. Try connecting your main handset base directly to the back of the "modem".

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation