Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone Service

New Poster

Phone Service

Hello, I lost my comcast service on February 4 during the ice storm.  I have a vonage phone line and Comcast.  My vonage has provisions that when the internet is not available, it rolls the call to my cell phone.  I set this up on Vonage account page. 

I checked the Comcast Help and found everything about forwarding.  This forwards all calls and select calls fine.  I want that when the comcast service is off, due to power outages or physical damage to the service cable, that all comcast phone calls will be routed to my cell phone.  * 72 forwards all calls. 

New Poster

Re: Phone Service

I also found that on Comcast busuiness, they offer a service called "call Forwarding Not Reachable" for when service is off.  This is activated by * 58.  Tried thgis and it didn't work on residential service I guess.

Contributor

Did you ever get service? I'm still waiting for them to fix my home network - THAT I PAID XFINITY $200 TO DESTROY APRIL 2013. HOPE YOU'RE NOT HOLDING YOUR BREATH.

New Poster

I would never hold my breath for anything where Comcast is involved.  My service was only out due to the ice storm that brought down power lines to my home for 4 days.  Once the electric came on, so did the Comcast stuff.  During the outage, I didn't receive calls on my phone.  I was wondering how the calls could automatically (without hitting * whatever) be transferred to my cell phone when there is an interuption of their service. My Vonage has this option (and it happens automatically) and it is very nice to have. Hopefully you get your assistance soon !! Smiley Happy

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation