Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone Service Out

New Poster

Phone Service Out

My phone has not been working since yesterday.  It has absolutely NO SOUND as if there is no service.  It's dead.  I tried calling Xfinity and every time the auto service starts to tell me how to check it online, it cuts off!!  I've called 4 times!!!  I am calling of course, from my cell fone since the home phone is inoperable.  Seems there is always some type problem with the phone.

New Poster

Truly abominable customer service!

Yesterday 5/22/14 my Comcast phone and internet service was not working from 9 am until around 9 pm AGAIN. The phone has absolutely NO SOUND as if there is no service.  It's dead.  I tried calling Xfinity several times and every time the auto service tells me how to check it... unplug every plug in the house, wait 5 minutes, plug every plug in the house back in, repeat 3-5 times...RIDICULOUS!).  I am 80 years old and do not need this aggrivation. I call Comcast from my cell phone since the home phone/internet is inoperable.

There is often some type problem with my Comcast phone and internet service...VERY dissappointing!  It is almost impossible to reach a live person at Comcast for service issues but sometimes you can if you don't mind spending 45 minutes pressing buttons on the phone... then speaking with someone in the Phillipines.  Truly abominable customer service!

New Poster

Re: Phone Service Out

No phone here, either, in North Valley this morning. 505 area code.

New Poster

What to Do if You Feel Suicidal after spending 45 minutes on the phone with a Comcast Xfinity representative in India or the Philippines trying to resolve constant reoccurring  service or non-existence of service problems... http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ 

New Poster

Actually,  I finally got connected with chat, and although it is unusual for me to find something nice to say about Comcast service, the agent told me how to reset the modem, and my service came back.

This time it worked out, although I don't know why I lost service in the first place.  Stormy weather perhaps.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation