Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone Service - NOT!

New Poster

Phone Service - NOT!

In October I attempted to save a few bucks on a common, everyday service and decided to switch my phone service from Comcast to AT&T.  During the cancellation process the Comcast representative offered [fantastic] savings for the three services if I stayed with Comcast and I accepted.  Mid-OCTOBER, I called Comcast and asked that they verify that the package savings would be in effect for November.  I was told to make sure that AT&T cancelled my order. I did, and AT&T in fact cancelled with Comcast ON October 24.  On December 1, Comcast cancelled my phone service(!)  After several hours on the phone Friday evening and again this morning; after talking to AT LEAST eight different representatives - of which 2 hung up on me; I still don't have home phone service!!!  I am now being told I cannot keep the phone number that I have had for several years, AND Comcast cannot fix the Comcast mess for another week so I am just out of luck with NO home phone service.  Now I understand why I see people in the payment office throwing their equipment across the counter!  No two people have told me the same thin, and no one can fix this mess.  I need a mailing address so that I can formally log this complaint.

One of the reps I spoke with today told me that SIX weeks (October 24 until now) wasn't enough time to accept the cancellation order from AT&T, because - get this -- they don't work with AT&T!!!!!!  Oh my.

Regular Contributor

Re: Phone Service - NOT!

Hi disgusted,
I truly apologize for the problems you have had with your service.  I've taken a quick look at your account and it looks like the original disconnect order was completed as you mentioned previously.  I would like to have the opportunity to see what I can do in order to help fix this problem.  I have sent you both a private forum mesesage and an email.  Please reply and I will see what I can do in order to get your Digital Voice service restored as soon as possible.
Thanks very much for your post and for your patience,
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation