Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phone Number Changed

New Poster

Phone Number Changed

My home phone number was changed at the address I've lived at 6 months because they say I moved and changed rate centers. I did move 6 months ago. If Comcast says you can take your number with you why was my number changed when I  moved less 8 miles and now it is being changed again because I moved 6 month ago.

I just want the number back that I have had for the last 6 months.

According to Comcast records I never ahd the number I have had for 6 months, but the also have no record of completing the activation of the number Comcast says I have had...some is really messed up here. I would be very pleased if I could get my phone number from the beginning of last week, that's it.

Please help!!!

Admin1

Re: Phone Number Changed

Hi black2241 -- I reviewed your account to see what could be done about your phone number. Per that review, you did cross into a different rate center when you moved. Per FCC rules, we cannot transfer a number into a different rate center. This ensures any emergency calls are routed correctly. We'll be unable to restore your previous number since it is not associated with your current addresses rate center. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation