Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone No Longer Accepting Forwarded Calls

Frequent Visitor

Phone No Longer Accepting Forwarded Calls

For more than five years, my office phone has been forwarded to my Comcast home phone, as I am a remote worker. Suddenly today, I was getting emails from people telling me that when they called me, my phone would ring four times, then they would get a fast busy signal. I confirm that by calling my number with my cell phone. I called my company's helpdesk. When I explained the problem, before they even started looking into it, the first question they asked was, "Do you have Comcast digital phone service?" They have been getting calls from all over the country with people having the same problem. One common thread only, Comcast. I called 1- 800 Comcast to report the problem.  A total waste of time. Speaking-as-slowly-as-I-could, I attempted to explain the problem. I probably had to repeat myself four times before he understood me. He then explained that he "refreshed" my system, and it could be up to 24 hours before it was okay. Obviously just trying to get rid of me, but tried to upsell me on services.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation