Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Phone Modem???

New Poster

Phone Modem???

How can I get my phone service to work when Comcast has not provided me with a modem that can support Voice ServiceI have tried for the last 30 minutes to get someone on their chat service but apparently no is home.

New Poster

Re: Phone Modem???

Are you paying ComCast/Xfinity rent for your modem?  If so take it back to your nearest Comcast service center for a model that supports digital voice.  If you are using your own (purchased) modem, buy one that supports ComCast Digital Voice.  Cable internet modems start around $70, but the best one I found to work with ComCast Cable Internet and Digital Voice was an ARRIS (made by Motorola) for $270.  It is a combination modem and router, although I have yet to buy it.  Google Comcast Digital Voice Modems and you will see many posts of people who have survived your dilemma.  Beware many of those posts show ComCast acts reluctant to support configuring modems not rented or purchased from them.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation