Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Phone-I can hear caller, they can't hear me

New Poster

Phone-I can hear caller, they can't hear me

I have been having problems with my phone for some time now.  Some days my phone works fine.  Most of the time I can hear the person I'm speaking to, but they can't hear me.  I thought there was something wrong with my phone, so I bought a new one.  Apparently it is not my phone because it continues to do the same thing.  HELP!

Contributor

Re: Phone-I can hear caller, they can't hear me

that is a call quality issue.  you would need to call and schedule a technician visit to find the issue and get it fixed.

New Poster

So did they get your problem cleared up?  What was the problem?  I'm switched to Comcast voice recently and am having the very same problem, thought it might be my own phone equipment but it isn't.  I'm about to put in a service request and was curious how your story ended.

New Poster

i have had this issue forever i had teccs out didint fix it one said one thing and another said something else i wont cal for a tech now because i get billed for it

Frequent Visitor

Just had a tech here last week for a variety of issues.  He swapped out my modem and I thought all was good to go; no so much Smiley Sad I can hear the person on the other end, but they can hardly hear me for all the static.  Have had to resort to forwarding our home phone to my cell, and only making calls FROM my cell.  Very annoying.

New Poster

This problem is network related. The worst problem to have. This is called a return path issue. Why I say worst problem to have because there is noise on the main line causing issues for you and the noise can be from a crack in the hard line to one of your neighbors purchasing cheap cabling products and that is allowing over the air signal to leak into the cable system. This term is called Ingress. Good luck with that one because it is going to depend on your technicians willingness and persistence to get this problem fixed. I have fixed many of these issues but it had taken at least a couple of weeks and a couple of neighborhood sweeps. The one major downside is with cable everyone shares the same connections and hookups. Most cable technicians are now being pressured from dispatchers to complete troublecalls in under 30 minutes and with the new GPS systems installed in the Comcast Vans a technician that once would of checked the problem on multiple occasions over several days can longer do things like that because of big brother. Most of the technicians I know stink and to be honest with you the reason they stink is because of the time restrictions Comcast imposes on them.