Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Phantom VoiceMail at 5am for 6 days

ANSWERED
Regular Contributor

Phantom VoiceMail at 5am for 6 days

This has been going on for a week now. Called Comcast CS/Tech and they haven't been able to resolve the problem, as all they can do is a reset my Voice Modem (Arris TM822G) which I've done a few times here.

The problem is that every morning at 5am my home phone shows that there is a new VoiceMail (light flases and says Message Waiting), and there is a Studder Tone when I pickup the handset. But when I check for a new voice mail (*99) there isn't one. The only way to get rid of this "phantom" message waiting is to call my home phone from my cell phone, leave a message on the home phone, then play it back and delete it.

But today was the 6th day this has happened, always at 5am.

No one is calling here at 5am, and thre is no VoiceMail left, even though the phone has a studder tone and messge waiting indicator.

Please have this fixed, as the (oversease) Tech Support can't seem to understand the problem.

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Re: Phantom VoiceMail at 5am for 6 days

Ok perfect! Thanks for responding so quickly. I probably sent the same refreshes (Reset) that she probably sent. Hopefully this is resolved, but please reach back out if it comes back. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hello FAUguy. Sorry to hear you have been having this trouble with your voicemail, but I can help. I have received your direct private message as well and I have reviewed your account and have sent a back-end system reset to your phone service for the stuck Message Waiting Indicator. 

Please let me know if this has cleared up. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Yesterday a lady called (said she was in Chicago) and did a "Voicemail Reset" but was able to keep the saved voicemails. Today at 4:30am was the first day in 2 weeks the false Message Waiting indicator didn't happen. So I called and left her a message about 6am letting her know that it appeared to be fixed.
If it happens again, I'll let you know.
Official Employee

Ok perfect! Thanks for responding so quickly. I probably sent the same refreshes (Reset) that she probably sent. Hopefully this is resolved, but please reach back out if it comes back. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi, Sam! I'm reaching you about the XFINITY Remote app. Your issue has been escalated back to our engineers' team, at that point of time they were waiting for the software update, and now they would like to know if you are still having any issues or if it has been resolved. I would greatly appreciate your response

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Contributor

ComcastJoeTru wrote:

Over the past two weeks, the TM822G was reset a few times, but that wasn't the issue, until the VM was reset on your end.

Regular Contributor

ComcastElla wrote:

Hi, Sam! I'm reaching you about the XFINITY Remote app. Your issue has been escalated back to our engineers' team, at that point of time they were waiting for the software update, and now they would like to know if you are still having any issues or if it has been resolved. I would greatly appreciate your response

The TV Remote is working better, showing past recordings and upcoming recording on the DVR. But sometimes when selecting a TV listing, it will not show it's details or allow it to be selected to record.

Official Employee

Thank you for letting me know. By any chance, do you have any recent examples when a show didn't have details and option to record? 

Joe didn't reset your modem, he has an access to the specific tool that resets a Voicemail. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation