Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Persistant problems losing cable & phone service with Triple Play

New Poster

Persistant problems losing cable & phone service with Triple Play

Is anyone experiencing problems losing cable & phone service.  I've had technicians out monthly and, at this point, about everything has been replaced.  I've been told it could be due to the router being too close to the modem, a TV going bad, a phone going bad, a fax machine connected, work being done in the area...

Once a technician comes out and does something, it works for awhile; then within about a month, the problems resume and escalate until it is almost unusable.  Today, I have lost phone & internet service 6 times within 1 1/2 hours for anywhere from 1 minute to 15 minutes.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?
Regular Visitor

Re: Persistant problems losing cable & phone service with Triple Play

We have those symptoms exactly.  When we first got the service it worked perfectly. But for the last few months we have short (2 minute or less) drop outs of connectivity in phone and internet, when the phone goes it's usually only in the talking/sending side (we can still hear the caller but they can't hear us).  Web browsing works almost OK but 5 MB and larger files timeout before they finish.  We've had the Comcast tech out twice but they never find anything wrong and they always charge $25 for the privilege.  Particularly annoying since the problem even happens while we're on the phone to customer support, just never while they're in the house *sigh*.

We're in north Berkely, CA.

System: ARRIS DOCSIS 1.1 / PacketCable 1.0 Touchstone Telephony Modem HW_REV: 02
VENDOR: Arris Interactive, L.L.C.
BOOTR: 5.01
SW_REV: 5.2.37C
MODEL: TM502G
Problem Solver

Our neighbor had the exact same phone dropping problem as Patrick86.  A new modem solved the problem.
Regular Visitor

Just a quick follow up.  We haven't had problems since the 23.  I did "reset" the modem using the little reset button on the back, but I wouldn't make a bet that this made the difference.  I'll follow up with the new modem idea if the problem returns.  Thanks.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation