Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

New Poster

Can anyone tell me where i could purchase XFINITY Phone that is shown or is the any phone that is recommended. Just changed from just Cable and Internet and of course was not aware of the (No Phone Provided) even though it shouldn't of surprised me! And it's my understand i can not use my old Iphone is this correct? Any help on any of my questions would be greatly appreciated, can usually figure everything out on getting things hooked-up or connected just need alittle info on new services to get started. Thanks

Regular Contributor

You should not need a special telephone in order to use Xfinity Voice.  Xfinity voice is a landline telephone service so you will need either a set of cordless home phones or a touch tone corded phone.  Comcast does not provide phones so you will have to buy your own or use the phones you used with your previous home phone provider.  You can plug the base phone into the phone jack on the back of your phone modem or into one of the phone jacks in your house if the phone signal from the phone jack on the modem is being back fed into your house's phone wiring.  If you have a single corded telephone, you would just plug the telephone cord that is coming from the phone into the back of the phone/internet modem.  Xfinity is not a cell phone company so you cannot get your cellular service from them.  

If you need help backfeeding the signal to the phone wiring in your house so you do not have to have the base phone by, the modem, post a reply and we should be able to help you.   It is usually a very easy procedure.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation