Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

PHONE JACKS

ANSWERED
New Poster

PHONE JACKS

I would like to put a phone in the kitchen of my house. The phone is pluged into the Xfinity modom and works perfictly. I tried to plug the phone wire from the modom to the phone jack in my house and use a phone in another room, nothing but stadic. The owner of the home before me had the phone company for their service. So my question is do you think my home is still conected to the phone service ped at the street?

Accepted Solution

Re: PHONE JACKS

moose68 wrote:

I would like to put a phone in the kitchen of my house. The phone is pluged into the Xfinity modom and works perfictly. I tried to plug the phone wire from the modom to the phone jack in my house and use a phone in another room, nothing but stadic. The owner of the home before me had the phone company for their service. So my question is do you think my home is still conected to the phone service ped at the street?

It could be, depends on what company the previous owner used. Have a tech out to troubleshoot if your not sure. Be prepared for a service call charge as it is considered inside wiring. If you don't already have it, the Service Protection Plan covers you for service call charges.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: PHONE JACKS

moose68 wrote:

It could be, depends on what company the previous owner used. Have a tech out to troubleshoot if your not sure. Be prepared for a service call charge as it is considered inside wiring. If you don't already have it, the Service Protection Plan covers you for service call charges.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation