Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

PC Caller ID - Get Ready To Celebrate!

Regular Contributor

PC Caller ID - Get Ready To Celebrate!

No, not because it is fixed, rather because it will soon be the one year anniversary of its being broken. Yes, April 2013 will mark one year that Comcast has not been able to get this problem fixed.

The program was written by a third party. The third party fix that looked like it may work was being tested by Comcast in January, with a hopeful release date of early February. I don't know if it was released (it turns out ot be a server-side problem with a server-side fix), but I can say that my PC caller ID is still not functioning properly, and exhibits the same problems from last spring.

Comcast management is to blame for this one. If the vendor can't fix it in a reasonable time- get a new vendor or write it yourself. How big does a company have to be before it can make a simple decision? Maybe management isn't aware of the problem. Maybe they don't care. Whichever the problem, they should be ashamed and embarrassed.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation