Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Outgoing calls connecting to unrelated conversations

Frequent Visitor

Outgoing calls connecting to unrelated conversations

This is a first for me with any phone system and I have not heard of anyone else encountering this either. For 99% of the outgoing calls I make from either a wired or wireless phone through my digital voice service, I am being connected directly to an existing phone conversation with unknown parties. They cannot hear me, but I can hear their conversation. While I disconnect vs. listening in, this is obviously a serious privacy issue for the remote parties as well as a major service disruption for me.

Has anyone encountered this? I was on an online chat with Comcast for over an hour doing everything you would expect - multiple "hits" from the CSR to the modem , cable checks, wired vs. wired, direct connect to the modem, modem reset, etc. No change from any of those steps.

To me, this seems like a problem that is quite possibly at the switch/PBX level.

A ticket has been submitted for Comcast to come out, but beyond being bothered by the nature of the problem, I'm, a little skeptical that the problem is located inside the house.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation