Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Outgoing caller ID for xfinity account

Regular Visitor

Outgoing caller ID for xfinity account

I have had a Comcast phone / internet / TV account for almost 3 years now. Just recently my outgoing caller ID stopped being displayed when I place a call. It used to display my name as registered on my account. Now it displays my phone number only. I have been unable to speak to anyone at the support phone number who has been able to resolve this. I just keep hearing about *67 which will block caller ID on a per call basis. This is not the case as this will cause the remote end to display the "unknown caller" designation. As I said, my phone number is displayed, not "unknown caller", and only for the current call made when you dial it before a phone number. Then I was told to use *82 and "follow the instructions". Well there are no instructions, it turns out that this turns on caller ID for the number dialed right after dialing it. It is to override per line caller ID blocking, which also is not my problem. But I tried it anyway, and it still shows only my phone number as a caller ID. And if I had per line caller ID turned on, all my outgoing calls would display "unknown caller".

I desperately need this to work since my wife and I are providing care for elderly parents who sometimes do not recognize the displayed number and do not pick up.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation