Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Outgoing Caller ID

Regular Visitor

Outgoing Caller ID

I have two lines with CDV as of 8/17/2011, the main line which people receive as "PRIVATE NAME" and the secondary line which people receive correctly with my name.  When I called Comcast to discuss they told me that the person who was receiving the "PRIVATE NAME" on their caller ID needed to call their carrier, which in this case was Qwest.  I called Qwest as I have authorization on my father's account and told them the problem.

They basically laughed and said it was the responsiblity of Comcast to handle this issue, although they said they would do something on their end to see if they could resolve it. It is not resolved as of 8/24/2011.

Someone at Comcast needs to take ownership of this issue and get it resolved. It shouldn't be the responsibility of an uninterested party (i.e. my father) to call Qwest and try to explain this. Surely someone at Comcast has a contact at Qwest that can work this issue out without having a whole bunch of hoops for the customer to jump through.

Accepted Solutions
Regular Visitor

Re: Outgoing Caller ID

First, thanks to the lady from Comcast who called and explained what was going on. The number that is coming up "PRIVATE NAME" is an unpublished number and that is by design.

So I either change it to a published number to or keep it the way it is, either way at least I know it's working the way it's supposed to.

All Replies
Expert

Please share what has happened when you contacted Comcast about the CID issues.  Do you have a ticket number?

Because this is a community forum, and not a 1st tier Comcast help desk, it can be escalated only if you already have had contact with Comcast support without resolution.

If you have not contacted Comcast support, your are asked to do that first.

Regular Visitor

Comcast technical support told me to have the party receiving the "PRIVATE NAME" on their caller ID call their provider.

In other words, my father, a Qwest customer,  was supposed to call Qwest and have them (Qwest) update their database. I called Qwest on my father's behalf and got nowhere.

All other people I call on a regular basis have Qwest and they also see "PRIVATE NAME".

Expert

Before this gets escalated, I have to make sure you do not have call block per line turned on for that 1 line.  Please dial *82 from that line to make sure it was not enable and make a test call.

cid block.JPG

Regular Visitor

It still says "PRIVATE NAME" when I do the *82.  My secondary line 0034 is fine, it's the main line 8752 that is incorrect.

Expert

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will look into your issue.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team most likely next week.

Problem Solver

-

We are looking into this matter. Someone from the team will be reaching out to you.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

First, thanks to the lady from Comcast who called and explained what was going on. The number that is coming up "PRIVATE NAME" is an unpublished number and that is by design.

So I either change it to a published number to or keep it the way it is, either way at least I know it's working the way it's supposed to.

New Poster

Well I can't understand the solution. Its October 2012 my new comcast phone is PRIVATE ported to my number from 1991. Now in 2012 I am PRIVATE / UNpublished  or whatever unles I dial #82. I didn't get that info when I started this account 3months ago. Multiple "CHATS" and hour long support calls. No-one in comcast can give me the truth or a solution. This message says solved! what was the fix???