New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outgoing Caller ID not working

ANSWERED
New Poster

Outgoing Caller ID not working

Hi,

I just switched my existing phone number to Xfinity Voice. My outgoing caller id now no longer works, instead showing up as "No Caller ID". I browsed the forums for awhile but did not see a clear solution I could implement myself. Can someone help?

Thanks,

Chad

Accepted Solution

Re: Outgoing Caller ID not working

Outbound caller ID still not working a week after the service was set up, so I called again. The customer service was again very prompt. After checking more carefully, the agent said there was a "caller ID block" placed on the account at the time of installation for some reason. An order to remove this has now been placed, and this should be complete within 24 to 48 hours... Hoping that will fix it!

View answer in context
Service Expert

cij88 wrote:

Hi,

I just switched my existing phone number to Xfinity Voice. My outgoing caller id now no longer works, instead showing up as "No Caller ID". I browsed the forums for awhile but did not see a clear solution I could implement myself. Can someone help?

Thanks,

Chad

It can take from 24 to 72 hours for all backend services to synch up and begin working if this is a new install.... give it 72 hours and if still not working, call into Comcast @ 1-800-266-2278 or 1-800-934-6489

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks! Still not working today (4 business days after install), so I called the 2nd number. Got connected to a human very quickly, which was great. I was told it can sometimes take 4 to 5 buiness days for the update to sync with all the telephone companies, so I'm hoping it will resolve in the next day or to. Will update then.. 

Service Expert

cij88 wrote:

Thanks! Still not working today (4 business days after install), so I called the 2nd number. Got connected to a human very quickly, which was great. I was told it can sometimes take 4 to 5 buiness days for the update to sync with all the telephone companies, so I'm hoping it will resolve in the next day or to. Will update then.. 

Post back if it does not begin working and I will escalate your issue to Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Outbound caller ID still not working a week after the service was set up, so I called again. The customer service was again very prompt. After checking more carefully, the agent said there was a "caller ID block" placed on the account at the time of installation for some reason. An order to remove this has now been placed, and this should be complete within 24 to 48 hours... Hoping that will fix it!

New Poster

Worked, all fixed now. Thanks!

Official Employee

Hi cij88, glad that this was finally resolved. If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation