Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outages result in police being called

New Poster

Outages result in police being called

I have a Comcast phone line monitored by a security company.  Whenever the Comcast service drops, which happens all too frequently, a "cut line" alert is sent to the security company and the police are called.  Then in-house alarms also go off so I am alerted and can call the security company to cancel the police call.  However, if I should not be home when this happens, the police will break into the house.

Obviously, this situation needs to be corrected.  I can switch the monitored line to a Verizon line, but the security company will charge me for a service call.  I shouldn't have to pay for this since it is Comcast's inability to provide reliable service that require the switch (Verizon has never had an outage).

Has anybody else had this problem?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Outages result in police being called

Basically all you have to do is call customer service and explain the situation and ask for a trouble call. This has something to do with the wiring and only a tech can fix.
Regular Visitor

Re: Outages result in police being called

This is true.  Most likely there is some kind of problem with the wiring somewhere that could be causing your issue.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation